|Vietnam Information||Thailand Information||Japan Information||South Korea Information||Language Schools||Useful Links Page|
Berkeley House Language Center, a leading language school in Japan, is seeking English as a Foreign Language instructors for teaching positions in Tokyo and other cities in Japan. We need experienced and certified language teachers to teach at corporations, universities, and/or at our school.
Berkeley House Language Center - English LAnguage Teacher Position
- Start Date: April 2018
- Work Schedule: 25-32 teaching hours
- Students: Young language learners (Jr. High / High School, Colleges / Universitites) and adults (Business English and general English)
- Classes: one-to-one, semi private, group
- Salary: ¥270,000 / month (hours above contract paid at ¥3,000 / hour)
- Training: Up to twenty hours initial training is required for all Berkeley House teachers. Course specific orientations will be held for certain positions.
Qualification: The ideal candidate will
- Understand English grammar and sentence stracture
- possess a four-year degree from an accredited university plus a CELTA, TESOL, TESL/TEFL, or teaching certificate. (those who have an MA/MS in any discipline is preferred)
- Have at least two years' experience teaching non-native speakers of English
Application process: Please submit the following materials to apply for the position
1. Current CV
2. Cover letter (please indicate where you saw the job posting)
3. Berkeley House Employment Applications (1 and 2)
*You will find application forms through our website
Only applicants who submit all documents and pass the initial screening will be contacted. The application process consists of in-person or Skype interviews with the HR Manager, Program Manager, Department Manager, and possibly company President. Candidates will also be asked to present a 30-minute teaching demonstration.
We look forward to hearing from you!