|Vietnam Information||Thailand Information||Japan Information||South Korea Information||Language Schools||Useful Links Page|
HAPPY LEARNING ACTIVIST
Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Rural Education Teaching Fellow
KAARMIC Education Services Private Limited
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In 2018, an underdeveloped country like India witnessed an all time high of 13.6 Million Unemployed and over 50 Million under employed. Majority of this population are victims of the failing archaic public education system, where an average student is behind by at least 3 grade levels as per standards; under-qualified & under-staffed teachers are a norm and an uninspiring method of forced learning is adopted by Institutions.
We believe that this learning dystopia needs a Super Hero from amongst the oppressed, the Students. Our approach is to help students understand the “Framework of Learning” and hand hold them until they are able to create their own sustainable self-directed learning practice for academics and personal development. We help them understand how to use school for their learning and take charge of the rest.
We are looking for Teaching Fellows who can deliver our content and hand hold our students through this magical journey of self-directed learning, in some of the most difficult rural residential schools across the state of Telangana, India over a period of 6 months.
“Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Rural Education Fellowship” is completely funded by State Government of Telangana, India and will be conducted for Schools & College serving the discriminated communities of India, such as Dalits and Tribals. The execution will be done by KAARMIC Education Services.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 10, 2018
ARRIVAL: ON OR BEFORE JULY 1, 2018
FELLOWSHIP START DATE: JULY 15, 2018
FELLOWSHIP END DATE (Option 1): JANUARY 15, 2019
FELLOWSHIP END DATE (Option 2): JUNE 15, 2019
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to heave a meaningful impact on the education and lives of students from underprivileged communities.
- This experience will change your life in ways you had never imagined, and will teach you to look at life in a different way!
- Transferrable skills in leadership, people-management, public-speaking, conflict resolution, relationship building, time management, problem solving and many more.
- It’s a paid role, and you’ll be given INR 15,000-20,000 per month as a stipend. Besides, the accommodation, food, and internal city transportation will be taken care of by KAARMIC.
- A reference (upon request)
BE A HAPPY LEARNING ACTIVIST!